The Scottish Terrier Club of New England, Inc. is comprised of a diverse group of members who share love for the Scottish Terrier.
The Club was formed in 1939 to promote the breeding of purebred Scottish Terriers and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection.
Today we stand firmly in that historic tradition.OUR CLUB CONTINUES TO PROMOTE AND ENCOURAGE IMPROVED BREEDING TO THE AKC STANDARD, AND THE HEALTH AND TEMPERAMENT OF THE BREED.
We do all in our power to protect and advance the interest of the breed. We encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, agility matches and earth dog competition. We raise and care for our Scottish Terriers demonstrating our best for our companions. We have an active rescue and adoption program.We educate our members, advocate for our breed, and share our knowledge with the public. We put forward standards of conduct expected of all members in good standing.
At a Glance . 2017 Calendar Dates.
The Breed Specialty. June 2. Wrentham, Ma.
- Agility Trials. April 22,23. Paws 'n Effects. Hamden, CT. and August 26,26 K-9 Country. Amherst, NH
- Earthdog Trials, October 14-14, Harwinton, CT. Possible additional event May 6,7
- General Membership meeting. June 11. Little Rhody Vasa Park, Foster RI .
Corn Beef Dinner, March 12, Public House, Sturbridge MA. Benefit for the Scholarship Fund.
Maine Scottie Rescue Benefit. Saturday, June 24. Craignair Inn. Spruce Head Maine.
Breeding Seminar. September 17, Public House. Sturbridge MA.
STCNE Annual Meeting, Banquet, Auction and Awards. November12, Publick House, Sturbridge MA.
TBD July event.
Rescue: On going Activity
- Board of Directors meetings . January, February , April, May, September, October. Posted in announcements.
- Picnic. Earth dog training, rally, agility, barn hunt and races.
- Merchandizing- on going to support activities.
- Rainbow Bridge- On going memorial. see Blog Post
See Whats up next
In the woods. Earthdog